In an ancient cemetery in northern Argentina, an unusual mask was just found. Live Science reported that this particular mask is made of a piece of rectangular-shaped copper measuring about seven inches long and six inches wide. There are also holes where the nose, eyes and mouth should be. According to Live Science, the mask has smaller openings, which would suggest that it might have been used to fasten to a face or an object. Read more about what else they found that makes this one a standout! Click source below.
Gold is one of those fun topics. You think of gold treasure, gold jewelry and nothing but sparkle. We like to continually dig on this topic, so that you stay in the know! Here’s some awesome facts on gold from Express News in the UK:
- Between the years of 1999 and 2002, the UK Government sold 395 tons of our gold reserves at about $282 an ounce. Right now, that equates to $1,262 an ounce!
- There are about 0.2 milligrams of gold in our bodies! The majority of it is in our blood and some in hair.
- If you were to take all the gold ever mined, it would fit into a cube with sides are over 68 feet long!
- There is just under 150 million ounces of gold at Fort Knox. The number rose to 650 million ounces in 1941!
See all the other facts by clicking source below.
Congratulations to the May 2017 Treasure find of the week winner- Stacey Adams!
Here is Stacey’s winning story!
The duck call was found with the GOFIND 20 metal detector!
Send us your story! We love to see what you found!
***Each week, we will pick a story from our treasure find page on the new site and feature it in our Treasure Find of the Week Newsletter! >>>Now, you can send your story along with photos to email@example.com OR via Facebook or Instagram by using the hashtag #KellycoTreasure**
>>Your story could be the one! All you need to do is submit your treasure find story for the chance to be featured as our Treasure Find of the Week. One Treasure Find of the Week story will be promoted every Thursday on our website, here on social and in our newsletter! If your story is picked at featured, you will receive a Kellyco bumper sticker.
>>>Each featured find story will also be in the running for our $50 gift card prize. The drawing for the $50 gift card will be during each month. Take a look at our terms & conditions here.
The Mat-Su Dirtfishers Association in Alaska loves to see what pieces of history lay under their feet. Their club has over 170 members, as Frontiersman News points out. Doug Cruthers, President of the Mat-Su Dirtfishers Association, explains in the article, both the ins and outs of metal detecting. According to Cruthers, the club is made up of archaeologists, who not only love history, but appreciate it. We really like how this club president mentions how addicting the hobby is. It’s so true!
We’ve got all kinds of goodies for you all this Memorial Day! We know summer is the time for new adventures and crossing things off your bucket list. Only at Kellyco, will you find lifetime treasure hunting expertise and a boatload of amazing goodies with your purchase!
Up to 20% off Makro & Nokta metal detectors!!!
15% off select detectors, search coils & accessories!!!
40% off Black nylon web belt!!!
10% off all Anderson rod products & SVL slings!!!
And.. 60 day interest FREE financing!!!
News- The Daily Essential Briefing had the opportunity to hear what a real life detectorist thinks of the popular TV show “Detectorists”. As a recap, the show follows two friends that go in search of their heart’s true desires with a metal detecting. The show combines wit and relatable treasure hunting humor. Detectorist Gary Blackwell shares his thoughts.
“I am a massive fan of the show. For the first time ever a TV show has captured the true UK detecting experience – good and bad. What does it get right about the hobby? Everything, it’s just like being there in person. Talking rubbish and finding rubbish while enjoying the great outdoors is a part of the detectorist’s everyday life. Even non-detectorists say how fantastic this show is, and then they ask us, is it really like that? “Andy’s poor girlfriend reminds me of my own wife and what she has had to suffer over the years” The Danebury metal detecting club is truly cringe-worthy and makes me smile every time I see the ‘finds’ table. As with all walks of life there are the strange ones, and Detectorists has really highlighted the types of people we meet within the hobby.”
It’s always nice to see what others in our hobby have to say.
Photo credit: Gary Blackwell
Read more by clicking source below.
The crew of the Booty Salvage has found all kinds of impressive treasures from the sea. Booty Salvage, Inc was founded by the Schmitt Family in 1999, who discovered over $1 million in gold and artifacts off the coast of Florida. It’s the greatest passion and their treasure hunting business is a family business. Adventure runs through their veins. Today, they are going out in the water to continue their search for awesome, 2017 finds! We encourage you all to follow them along on their journey. In their image below (courtesy of Booty Salvage), you can see some of their finds from
Photo credit: Booty Salvage
Its here!!! Pre-order the new Garrett ATMax with the Z-Lynk metal detector now at Kellyco!
This has built in Z-Lynk technology, new Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk wireless headphones, larger display numbers, better depth, advanced ground balance resolution and even a back light!
You also have these with this new treasure hunting beast!
- More controls : All easily accessible with a single finger as you search
- Larger display numbers : Digital Target ID number, iron discrimination number, etc.
- Back light : Illuminates LCD screen for improved visibility in low-light situations!
- True All Metal Mode : Detects all types of metal and provides the greatest possible detection depth and sensitivity!
- Maximum Detection Depth : Increased transmit power and enhanced electronics provides AT Max with significant depth increase!
- Optimized Frequency : The AT Max’s 13.6 kHz Operating Frequency provides excellent detection on a wide range of targets — including silver coins, gold jewelry, and brass relics
- Built-in Z-Lynk™ Wireless Technology : Cut the cord! Integrated circuitry transmits audio to your wireless headphones. Six times faster than Bluetooth speed! Auto pairing. No cables, and no interference from other wireless devices!
- High Resolution Ground Balance : Automatic and manually adjustable for improved performance. Includes 175 points of ground balance resolution allowing the AT Max to handle both conductive soils (such as saltwater beaches) and highly mineralized ground.
- Automatic Ground Balance Window™ : Garrett Exclusive Feature will Simultaneously Ground Balance to a Range of Values to Help Overcome Localized Ground Variations. By Reducing Subtle Ground Responses, the Automatic Ground Balance Window Smooths Detector Audio and Allows the User to Hear Faint Targets
Share with your friends and family! Use #NewAtKellyco and #GarrettATMax
You have endless opportunities to find valuable items with this hobby! You never know what could be waiting for you under the sand or water. At Kellyco, we make the entire process easy for you; from start to finish. You will go out feeling more confident and ready to take part in the #TreasureFilledSummer!
See our top beach & water machines here.
Every year, there has been an increase in the amount of treasure found in Wales, as reported by BBC News and National Museum Wales experts. Most of the items being found are medieval and Bronze Age artifacts. There are specific areas that are considered “hotspots” for these types of items: Wrexham, Southern Pembrokeshire and South East Wales. A whopping percentage of these finds are being discovered by..yep, you guessed it! – metal detectorists! It’s 90% to be exact! How great is that? Read more